Tech Excellence Operations Associate
HTEC Group is an engineering services company with headquarters in San Francisco, CA and extensive engineering development centers in Serbia with plans to expand throughout Southeastern Europe. HTEC has been growing at an average rate of 50% per year for the past five years. Prior to that HTEC was named to the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list for Central Europe – as one the 50 fastest growing technology companies from 2011-2015 in a region with a collective population of almost 125M.
We support digital transformation, productize innovation, and accelerate ventures. The company is looking for an Operations Associate who will report to the Director of the Technology Excellence Office. This position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia and working to develop our business in the US, Western Europe and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for working in a fast paced and high growth environment
- 3+ years’ experience as project manager, business analyst or operations associate
- A university degree (engineering or business preferred)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience in software engineering is a plus
- Fluent English (native Serbian is a plus)
- Atlassian Jira & Confluence – mandatory, high proficiency is a plus (experience in other
tools is a plus)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or G suite (docs, sheets, slides)
- Slack/MS Teams/Zoom - communication
Goal: Ensure the high quality of technology services provided by HTEC by supporting the efficient operations of the Technology Excellence Office (TEO).
- Project management role for Technology Excellence Office: managing the work of the TEO core team, which consists of a group of the most senior software engineers in the company working on a number of activities and processes that ensure the overall engineering quality of the company.
- TEO Metrics: Tracking and reporting metrics related to work of TEO and constantly re-evaluated the set of KPIs defined.
- Interface: act as the interface between the TEO and other business areas of the company. Receiving and managing requests for TEO support to various business areas.
- Communication: provide transparency to the broader group on on-going initiatives of the TEO.
- Meeting management: Facilitate agenda and material preparation for weekly meetings, write effective minutes of the meeting and organize their distribution, track status of all initiatives and follow-through.
Core deliverables in the first 30-60-90 days:
- Onboarding to the current setup and resources available
- Onboarding onto the project management framework for TEO (Jira board)
- Learning about our current company processes
- Identifying senior technology leadership needs for operational support
- Act as project manager for team of 7-10 senior engineers working on a varied set of tasks across projects
- Develop progress monitoring tools
- Work hand in hand with TEO core team on defining set of metrics to be tracked
- Manage service desk requests for TEO support.
- Establish clear interface between TEO and other business areas for managing support requests and start implementation
- Support the team in preparing documentations, monitoring key metrics and preparing materials for the senior leadership monthly report
- System for monitoring TEO KPIs put in place
- Deep understanding of company operations
- Strong project management and people skills: ability to use project management tools and drive a team while maintaining great relations in the team and a positive atmosphere (it is easy to send reminders but motivating team members to succeed is what we are looking for)
- Excellent organisational skills: this position requires someone who is highly organised, professional, follows agreed timelines
- Analytical skills: being able to find and present relevant information in a clear and concise way and to understand a variety of content being produced by the TEO
- Strategic skills: capable of understanding strategic principles applied by TEO and participating in creating a strategy for TEO initiatives and delivery.
Success of the position will be measured by:
- Smooth operations of TEO and transparency of progress on TEO initiatives
- Positive feedback from TEO core team and senior leaderships
- High quality interface between TEO and other business areas measured by timely completed tasks and feedback from other business areas.
As this position will immediately put someone in the heart of the core of the company, in work that cuts across different business areas, career development can be further tailored to match the skills and interests of the individual that takes the position - either focusing more into one of the business areas (business development, engineering and delivery) or by supporting/managing a growing team of operation associates across the company.
What we offer
Permanent contract and competitive salary
Innovative and cutting-edge projects
Flexible working hours
Private healthcare service
Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
Team events and sport activities
Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
Rapidly growing, friendly and extremely pleasant working environment
Full fridge of drinks and fresh fruits, and an office packed with positive energy