Privacy Notice – HTEC Idea Marathon
Pursuant to Articles 23 and 24 of the Law on Personal Data Protection (“Official Gazette of the RS”, No. 87/2018), (hereinafter: the “Law”) related to the collecting of personal data of participants in the online event “HTEC Idea Marathon”, HIGH TECH ENGINEERING CENTER DOO, BEOGRAD, with registered seat at the address Bulevar Milutina Milankovića 7Đ, Belgrade, CIN 20457759, TIN 105793138 (hereinafter: the “Company” or “we”), as a personal data controller, provides the following:
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR THE PARTICIPANTS IN ONLINE EVENT “HTEC IDEA MARATHON”
(hereinafter: the “Notice”)
Thank you for your interest in participating in the online event called “HTEC Idea Marathon”, organized by the Company for the occasion of March 8, International Women’s Day (hereinafter: “Event“), with the intention that the participants of the Event, organized into multidisciplinary teams, give their proposed solutions that leverage AI to address gender gaps.
The Company respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. The Company is a personal data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. This notice is aimed to inform you of how and why your personal data will be used for the purposes of your registration and participation in the Event, and how long it will be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the Law.
1.Data Protection Principles: We will comply with the Law and data protection principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
2.Event participants, i.e., categories of data subjects: individuals who applied for the participation in the Event and who submitted their data to the Company for the purpose of registration and participation in the Event. More precisely, the participants in the Event are female students of the final years of undergraduate and master studies at the universities in the region (in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Poland, and Slovenia), at the faculty of any profile, i.e., orientation.
3.Purpose of processing: We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to process your application and assess whether you meet the criteria for the participation in the Event.
- To be able to communicate with you for the purpose of forming teams and organizing teams’ work, and for further organization and your participation in the Event.
- To be able communicate with you for the purpose of sending you gifts, promotional material, etc. (e.g., information on the address, so that we can send you a gift to your home address; information on T-shirt size, so that we can provide a suitable gift for you).
- To be able to communicate with you for the purpose of organizing live gatherings of the participants in the Event (e.g., telephone number / e-mail address, so that we can organize a gathering of the participants/winners at the Company’s headquarters in Belgrade).
- To be able to contact you for the purpose of potential employment at the Company or its affiliated companies, provided that you have previously agreed that we can keep your data for these purposes.
- To be able to send you updates about news and future events organized by the Company and its affiliated companies, provided that you have previously agreed that we can keep your data for these purposes.
- Photographs (screenshots) of the Event that include you we will use for the promotional purposes (e.g., in publications we distribute to the participants in the Event, reports that we distribute internally or externally (e.g., to HTEC clients), on HTEC website and/or social media profiles).
4. Legal Basis: We process your personal data based on your prior, freely given consent.
After we receive your data, we will process this data to determine whether you meet the basic criteria necessary for the participation in the Event (e.g., whether you meet the criteria regarding your level of studies). If you meet these criteria, we will record your application and consider whether it is suitable to invite you to participate in the Event. If we decide to invite you to participate in the Event, we will use the data you have provided us with so that we can organize your participation in the Event, as well as for the above listed purposes.
For the avoidance of doubt, by participating in the Event, participants consent that the same can be photographed and that the photographs (screenshots) of the Event can be used for the purposes mentioned in section 3 above.
Data subject consent withdrawal and legal consequences: Consent can be withdrawn freely at any time by the submission in writing (including in electronic form). By withdrawing the consent, processing of personal data shall stop, and the collected personal data shall be erased. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5.Categories of personal data:
- The data you have provided in your application, including name, surname, e-mail address, address, telephone number, T-shirt size, education data (current status of studies, name of the educational institution, name of department or faculty where you study, duration of study, previous education if you have studied at a faculty of a different profile);
- The data you have provided to us in your answers to the optional questions included in the application;
- Photographs (screenshots) of the Event which include you, which were taken during the Event.
6.Methods of data collecting: We collect personal data about the participants from the following sources:
- Directly from the participants, from the submitted application to participate in the Event, as well as during the Event.
7.If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as data on the level of studies), we may not be able to process your application further.
8.Sensitive personal data: We will not process special categories of personal data about you (hereinafter: the “sensitive data”) for the above listed purposes. However, if you submit certain data about your health or your disability status in the application for the participation in the Event, we will process such data only to the extent we are permitted by Law to do so: we will use the data about your health or disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments for the purpose of organizing the Event and your participation in the Event (for example, whether adjustments need to be made during the organization of gatherings of the participants/winners at the Company’s headquarters in Belgrade).
Automated decision-making: You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Data Retention: We will retain your personal data for a period necessary for the fulfillment of the processing purposes listed in Article 3 above, i.e., until withdrawal of your consent. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy. If you have given your prior consent to keep your data (name, surname, e-mail address, name of faculty and year of study) so that we can contact you for potential employment at the Company or its affiliated companies, we will keep this data for 1 (one) year after you have gave your consent to the processing of this data for the aforementioned purposes, i.e., until withdrawal of your consent (after which we will destroy it as described above).
9.International data transfer: Personal Data can be transferred from the Republic of Serbia into other countries and international organizations only in accordance with the provisions of the Law, to the countries which provide for the same or higher personal data protection standards. Countries to which data may be transferred are countries which are included in the List of countries that provide appropriate level of personal data protection, which was adopted by the Government of the Republic of Serbia, and include countries of the Company’s affiliated companies in which the participants of the Event are located – specifically: Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Poland and Slovenia. The Company shall in each case of international data transfer ensure that transfer of personal data is carried out with the implementation of appropriate mechanisms of protection of personal data.
10.Personal data users and processors: personal data is used by the persons in the Company and persons in the Company’s affiliated companies in countries in which the participants of the Event are located, which participate in the organization and implementation of the Event. The Company may share the data with its legal advisors in order to fulfill the purposes in accordance with law.
11.Data subject’s rights:
- right to be truly and properly informed on personal data collection;
- right to submit an access request to the Company relating to the data held about them, right to request for a copy of the personal data the Company holds about them, right to request a correction, an addition, an update, a removal of personal data as well as a break of processing the personal data and temporally suspension;
- right to request erasure of the personal data if the purpose of collecting the personal data is not properly defined; the purpose of collecting the personal data is changed, and conditions for collecting the personal data for this changed purpose are not fulfilled; the purpose is fulfilled, i.e. the personal data is no longer necessary for fulfillment of the purpose; the way of processing the personal data is prohibited; the collecting of the personal data is not proportional to the purpose of collecting them;
- right to object to the Company to the processing.
12.Right to lodge a complaint: data subject is entitled to lodge a complaint to the competent authority (Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 15, 11120 Belgrade, Serbia, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +381 11 3408 900) related to the personal data held about them.
13.Personal data protection measures: The Company undertakes adequate technical, organizational and personnel security measures and has the necessary protection mechanisms in place, in order to process personal data in accordance with the Law and to prevent the misuse of the data or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alterations, disclosure or acquisition of the data.
The measures include the electronic and physical protection of the collected data on the participants in the Event.
14. Address for personal data protection queries: In the event of any questions, requests and information related to personal data protection as well as exercising rights of data subjects, the data subjects can contact the Company at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Terms used in this Notice shall have the meaning in accordance with the Law.