This is not a task-based job. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you must have more. You will take ownership. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You communicate responsibilities and scope clearly. You value integrity. You manage conflict. You need to know how things work. You work for your own success and the success of the entire team. You thrive in ambiguity and strive to bring clarity to it. You have deep wisdom and judgment; you keep your eye on the ball. You ask why? You build positive relationships. You are aware of politics but do not get mired in them. You are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team!
If you are interested in working in a dynamic, high-growth environment where proactivity and initiative create a fast track for career development, learn more about the position below and get in touch with us!
A software engineer understands not only their projects but how they fit into larger initiatives. The ideal candidate will understand how to scope, prioritize and manage their work. They will act as a partner with many teams, driving clarity and judgment on what is best for the project, for the team, and for the company. You will be encouraged not only to readily understand complicated systems and their interdependencies, but also to evaluate the effects of new asks and new information on those systems.
HTEC is looking for software engineers who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. In this role you will be responsible for code contributions within a senior software development team. The products and their components will have a great need for collaboration and integration, which need open communication, succinct planning and execution.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are must-haves for any candidate. Being a self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership is also important as the team is looking for the kind of person who can dive right into a problem and deal with it without having to be asked to do so.
- Designing, implementing and testing API-driven Scala services as well as documenting them for both internal and external use
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Leading a team of several high profile developers
- Owning the product domain – knowing how everything works and interacts
- Making sure the product is delivered with quality and on time
- Identifying risks to delivery and mitigating or escalating them on time.
- At least 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Outstanding object-oriented programming skills – Scala preferred
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Understands the importance of timing/vitality and pushes on the most critical issues.
Good to have:
- Familiarity with distributed data processing technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive
- Familiarity with Cassandra/Solr/Kafka/Elastic Search or related technologies
- Experience working with large data sets (billion+ records)
- Experience working with backend services, K8s.