“It’s going to take a bit of a leap of faith … Companies need to be aware that climate change is happening, that there is a crisis, and that they need to do for the best part of the world …and then the companies like HTEC and Vitol will need to deliver on their promises. And if you then show the example, other examples will follow and show a massive growth in the digital space quite quickly.” — Mike Nakrani, Managing Director at Vitol
Podcast Host: Gabriela Mate, Engineering Lead at HTEC Group
Emissions trends and country commitments are far from meeting the Paris Climate Agreement goals. But there is a silver lining. Existing and emerging technologies can reduce 65 % of emissions needed for the net-zero goal. Although we have seen improvements, companies will need to take more radical actions to achieve net-zero operations before 2050. Some will require no less than the complete transformation of their core business. Are they able to do so?
Our partner, Vitol, a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum — from oil to power, renewables, and carbon, is on their journey to help global companies meet the net-zero goal. Over the last 6 months, HTEC and Vitol have been working to build an electronic charge point business that will create a fundamental shift in the uptake of electric vehicle usage in big businesses – trucks and vans. Following the recent Accelerating Net Zero event, organized by HTEC and Vitol, our Larry Zentner and Gabriela Mate caught up with Mike Nakrani to talk about challenges companies face today in this race to net zero and reflect on our mutual efforts to build e-mobility solutions that will help build greener future for everyone.
Listen how to co-host Gabriela Mate, Larry Zentner and a guest Mike Nakrani from Vitol, as they discuss the corporate commitments to net zero emissions, what companies need to do to accelerate their efforts to reach net zero by 2050, and how Vitol’s efforts to build e-mobility business align with the Net Zero objectives.
Listen to the podcast to hear more about:
- The strongest impressions from the recent event “Accelerating Net Zero” organized by HTEC Group and Vitol
- The biggest challenges and obstacles to achieving net-zero goals, considering Covid-related circumstances and the Ukrainian war
- Technological and governmental issues are hindering the transition to electric vehicles as one of the critical factors in this race to net zero. One of them is the availability of charging stations. The panel guests discuss ways how these blockers can be removed.
- The challenges fleet operators face when moving from combustion engines to EVs
- Which industries think about net zero the most and are already moving the needle
- How Vitol is engaged in the race to Net Zero, and what are Vitol’s key strengths that will drive this decarbonization transition
- The HTEC’s role in helping Vitol’s business ride the Net-Zero wave
- How HTEC is helping businesses accelerate their journey to Net Zero
- The teamwork between Vitol and HTEC
“It’s about relationships for me. A part of that is listening and bringing some diverse thoughts and challenges, and many of the team we work with within HTEC does that. What was really powerful for me was that I made a request for help as the digital space is not where I come from … What the HTEC team did for me was to help me clarify the journey, make complex things simpler, and now I have a trusted partner.” — Mike Nakrani, Managing Director at Vitol
Stay Tuned for Fresh Fast Forward Episodes
We are always eager to dive into other industries and learn something new to inspire us to make positive global changes.
Make sure you don’t miss out on our next Fast Forward episode.
Is there an industry expert you would like to learn more about? Let us know.
In the meantime, learn more about our fast-forward tech stars at our fast-forward page or connect with us via Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to keep up to date with the latest news, insights, and some of the world’s best disruptive stories.